· We collect personal information from visitors to this website that identifies you as an individual when it is voluntarily provided by you, such as your name and email address.
· We automatically collect browsing information and other information from visitors to the website that does not identify you as an individual but may identify your device, such as information about your browsing activities and information about the devices you use to access our website.
· You can access, delete, and control certain uses of your information as set forth in the “What other rights do I have to my personal information?” section below.
Information about our data collection during the prior 12 months is further described below:
Categories of Personal Information
Contact information such as name, email address, and physical address.
Sources of such Personal Information
Collected directly from you from your correspondence with Merkato including requests for information and services.
Business Purpose for such Personal Information
To provide information and services requested by you.
Categories of Third Parties with whom information is shared
We share such information with our service providers.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ON THIS WEBSITE?
Merkato clients are businesses, not individual consumers. As a result, this website is designed to provide information to, and in some instances, collect contact information from our existing and prospective clients who request information or services from us. This information is only collected through direct correspondence with Merkato.
PERSONAL INFORMATION Personal information is information that directly or indirectly identifies a specific person, such as name, telephone number, physical address, or email address or as required by applicable law. Merkato only collects contact information on this website when visitors voluntarily provide such information to us. For example, some visitors may choose to provide us with their contact information while corresponding with us via email or a contact form submission. It is not necessary to provide any personal information in order to simply browse our website. Merkato may also automatically gather online identifiers such as IP addresses and information about user internet activity such as browsing history and browser type.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION Merkato may gather any non-personal information including how many people visit this website and the pages they visit.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION? Unless disclosed otherwise at the time of collection and in this policy, we do not share any personal information with any third party other than our employees and companies with which we work to serve your needs (these companies are not permitted to use your information for any secondary purposes), unless it is necessary to respond to a specific inquiry or request made by you in correspondence with Merkato, or to comply with applicable law. We will never sell your information to any third party without your consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of Merkato, its assets, or a division of Merkato or a bankruptcy or reorganization. See “Changes to this policy” section below. If you voluntarily choose to provide your email address or other personal information to us, we will only use that information to respond to your specific question or request. We will not give that information to a third party to promote their products or services directly to you, but we may add you to our monthly newsletter and send you information about Merkato on an ongoing basis. An opt-out link is available at the bottom of the newsletter. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Merkato.
WHAT TYPES OF SECURITY PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE? The security of your information is very important to us. Merkato follows generally accepted industry standards to protect your information. All information collected by the Merkato system is stored in databases that are stored in a secure data center located in the United States. Both physical and Internet access are strictly protected and limited. Access is granted only to those with authorization. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO I OPT-OUT FROM RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES FROM MERKATO? If you receive an unwanted email or other message from us, you can simply reply and ask not to receive future emails or send an email to email@example.com and request that your email address not be retained.
What other rights do I have to my personal information?
If you reside in California, under the CCPA, or have similar rights by law in your jurisdiction, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes such rights that you have and explains how to exercise those rights.
· Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold. You have the right to request that Merkato disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information to you. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
· Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that Merkato delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records. However, we may retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting as illegal activity.
· Exercising Access and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org: Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child. The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information (including name, email address you used to contact us in the past, date of original contact, and if possible, a copy of the correspondence, in order to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative. We will respond to consumer requests in a reasonably timely manner. If we require extra time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. In order to protect the security of your personal information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will vary depending on the nature of the request. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the personal information that we already have. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. We are not obligated to provide the information set forth above under “Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold” more than twice in a 12-month period. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. · · Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights. CCPA gives you the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). To exercise your right to opt-out, email email@example.com Merkato does not and will not sell your personal information to third parties, except in connection with the business changes described above.
· Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including, but not limited to, by: o Denying you goods or services. o Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties. o Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services. o Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION This website contains links to other websites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those websites, and encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit. The Merkato website is maintained in the United States of America. By using this website, you authorize the export of any personal information you submit to us, as well as the non-personal information collected by this website, to the USA, and its storage and use as specified in this policy. If you have submitted personal information to Merkato via email and would like that information to be removed from our database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your information be removed.
Merkato Inc.Attn: Privacy Officer
700 Lavaca #1400
Austin, TX 78701